Rooster Teeth has an exciting new opportunity in the Funhaus Department for any video editors out there that specialize in gameplay and comedy. We are looking to fill a couple full time positions with people who have a wide variety of work that illustrates their love and understanding of high-quality gameplay content. Applicants should be comfortable working in a creative, fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times on projects. The primary focus of the video editor will be to interpret creative direction, adjust edits based off notes from producers and directors, and completion of projects week-to-week. An understanding of story, structure and comedy is a must. Please visit our youtube page for further insight into the content.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner and prepare content for final release
- Manage organization of projects, media and assets throughout the editorial process.
- Execute changes to your edits based off notes from producers, clients and/or management.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully
- Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop proficiency
- Strong sense of storytelling and comedic timing
- Desire to further improve skills and techniques
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills and specific editing workflows
- Knowledge of hardware and software required for video and audio format conversion and compression
- Must have an understanding of video file formats, video analysis and metadata
- Work well within a small team
- Strong will and self-motivation to complete tasks on time
- Understanding of YouTube and internet content needed
- Love of video games is helpful
- Ability to take on projects on his/her own
Application Submission Instructions:
- Submit a resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and abilities
- Provide a web link to a sample of your work. All videos must be linked in their entirety. Montage reels for an editor position will not be viewed.
- All documents must be submitted as .PDFs
Please note the position would require relocating to Los Angeles, California
Rooster Teeth is a creative production studio responsible for award-winning online videos such as Red vs. Blue, the longest running web series in history; the reality gamer series The Gauntlet; comedy series Rooster Teeth Shorts; the upcoming animated series RWBY; and Immersion, a show that tests video game concepts in the real world.
Rooster Teeth founded and operates the gaming website AchievementHunter.com and produces the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast, voted Best Gaming Podcast at the 2012 Podcast Awards. Funhaus is a unique group of guys that combines Mystery Science Theater 3000 with video games, and even adds a little serious editorial talk for a well-rounded brand that aims to make people laugh and think, similar to what The Daily Show does for politics. But with more farts.
With a dedicated worldwide fan community, Rooster Teeth created RTX (Rooster Teeth Expo), an annual gaming and Internet convention held in Austin, TX which attracts thousands of gamers, online video fans, and Rooster Teeth community members from around the world.The Rooster Teeth YouTube channel became the 8th most viewed YouTube channel in the world (non-music) in 2012, now with over 5 million YouTube subscribers and 2.2 billion views, and the Rooster Teeth website has 5 million unique monthly visitors with 1.4 million registered community members.Rooster Teeth has won multiple awards, including 2011 and 2012 Best Animated Series (Red vs. Blue) from the IAWTV, and has been featured by hundreds of major publications and networks including MTV, G4, The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Rolling Stone Magazine, Wired Magazine, and many more.