Top 10 Pixar Movies - Co-Writer & Editor Notes
- This was the Top 10 I was born to (co)write.
- #10 Seriously, I know these movies so well I could have drawn storyboards for this edit filled with actual shots from these movies.
- #9 Scratch what I just said! I just realized that this entry doesn't show a single frame of Kevin! I'm a fraud.
- #8 Finding music to fit each of these movies was A JOY. Usually it's a pretty tough aspect of the job but each of these movies has such a distinct sound and score that I knew exactly what to look for each time.
- #7 The final line of this entry + Nick's delivery + the music drop out + the clip = me so happy.
- #6 Suck it, Star Trek Into Darkness.
- #5 We produced this Top 10 before The Incredibles 2 came out and with our one per franchise rule, it was either going to be Incredibles 1 or 2. We were nervous about Incredibles 2 potentially blowing the first out of the water but I think it's safe to say Incredibles 1 deserves the spot on this list. (The sequel was really fun though!)
- #4 I love Coco so much. That is all.
- #3 The scene in this movie where he turns on the light and there's a ton of rats in the kitchen, FREAKS ME OUT. Still does. Great movie though.
- #2 Toy Story is my all time favorite movie. I have Toy Story toys on my desk at work, I have a sizable Toy Story collection, I own all of the movies and once when I was 19 I started crying while explaining to my mom what "You've got a friend in me" means.
- #1 I'm so happy with how this entry came out. I had vision for it, Nick knocked it out of the park and I practically scored it myself haha. It's 4 different songs cut and arranged to ebb and flow with the V.O. I was nervous that I was being a little too ambitious when I wrote it and it would end up feeling cheesy if not just contrived but I'm happy with the final product.
PIXAR IS THE BEST