It's time for another round of notes! This week we had an episode of Top 10 I wrote and an episode of Desk of Death Battle I edited. So check out those videos and come back to read up on the random thoughts that pop into my head while I work here at ScrewAttack.
Top 10 Bounty Hunters - Writer Notes
- It is always fun to write something and send it off to Nick to see how he'll put everything together in the edit.
- Nick ad libbed that this list should have been "Top 10 Cowboys" - solid point. It turns out a LOT of bounty hunters are cowboys.
- I'm really happy to have gotten the Name with No Name and Dr. Schultz on this list. The movie nerd in me is pleased.
- I would actually be really interested in seeing the actual list of professions in order of their appearance on Earth.
- Two lines in this episode I'm particularly fond of: "On a list of bounty hunters you’ll find a lot of people wearing hats and boots of the cowboy persuasion." and "The best bounty hunter on our list isn’t a cowboy and doesn’t frequent standoffs, Mexican or otherwise".
The Desk of The Desk of DEATH BATTLE - Jojo's Egg Baby - Editor Notes
- One selfish aspect of this job that I indulge in is trying to fit in references to shows/movies I like.* This episode, I really wanted to include this clip from Superbad ("Oh no, it's the cops!") for when Jocelyn says "Oh no!" but it just didn't work so I went with Kristen Wiig instead.
- *Hence Community reference.
- As scary and confusing as that little Jojo baby is...it's also pretty cute.
- When you edit a biweekly show, it's always fun when the script calls for you to shake things up. The "To be continued" tag gag at the end of this episode was...dare I say...thrilling. Haha probably a exaggeration but it was so fun to see that come together.